Saint Patrick’s Day is a festive celebration filled with parades, green decorations, and a hearty dose of Irish spirit. While traditional Irish cuisine takes the spotlight on this special day, don’t forget about the sweet side of the holiday! To add a dash of green to your Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations, we’ve gathered some delightful and easy-to-make eye-catching Saint Patrick’s Day dessert recipes that will leave your taste buds dancing a jig.
Mint Chocolate Brownies
Saint Patrick’s Day wouldn’t be complete without a touch of minty goodness. These mint chocolate brownies are a perfect blend of rich chocolate and refreshing mint flavors.
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Green icing (optional)
– Start by preparing the brownie mix according to the package instructions.
– Add 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring to the brownie batter. Mix until the color is evenly distributed and the minty aroma fills the air.
– Gently fold in the chocolate chips for extra indulgence.
– Bake as directed on the brownie mix package, and allow the brownies to cool completely.
– For a festive touch, you can drizzle green icing over the brownies before serving.
Shamrock cookies are one of the iconic Saint Patrick’s Day treats that brings luck and smiles to everyone who enjoys them. Here’s how to make them:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Shamrock-shaped cookie cutters
- Green icing and sprinkles for decoration
– Begin by whisking together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
– In another bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
– Add the egg, vanilla extract, and green food coloring (to achieve your desired shade) to the butter mixture, and mix well.
– Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, combining until the dough forms.
– Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least an hour.
– Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
– Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface and use shamrock-shaped cookie cutters to create your festive cookies.
– Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges turn lightly golden.
– Once cooled, decorate the shamrock cookies with green icing and sprinkles to make them truly Saint Patty’s Day-worthy.
Bailey’s Irish Cream Tiramisu
Indulge in the richness of Bailey’s Irish Cream with this delectable twist on classic tiramisu. It’s an elegant dessert that’s surprisingly easy to make.
- 1 package of ladyfingers
- 1 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder for dusting
– In a shallow dish, combine the cooled coffee and Bailey’s Irish Cream.
– In a separate bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
– Quickly dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture and arrange a layer of dipped ladyfingers in a serving dish.
– Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
– Repeat the process with another layer of dipped ladyfingers and the remaining mascarpone mixture.
– Refrigerate the tiramisu for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
– Before serving, dust the top with cocoa powder for a finishing touch.
Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes
These adorable Leprechaun hat cupcakes are a fun and whimsical addition to your festivities and can perfectly pair with all kinds of Saint Patty’s Day drinks!
- Chocolate cupcakes (you can use a mix or your favorite recipe)
- Green frosting
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Green gumdrops or fondant
– Bake chocolate cupcakes according to your preferred recipe or use a mix.
– Once the cupcakes are cooled, frost them with green icing.
– For the Leprechaun hats, place a mini peanut butter cup upside down on top of each cupcake.
– Roll out green gumdrops or fondant and cut out small squares to form the tops of the hats. Place them on top of the peanut butter cups.
Optional: Use a little frosting to attach a small yellow candy or piece of yellow fondant as a buckle to complete the Leprechaun hat.
These easy green Saint Patrick’s Day dessert recipes are sure to delight your family and friends as you celebrate the holiday. Whether you’re a fan of minty chocolate, classic sugar cookies, or creamy tiramisu, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So, gather your ingredients, don your green attire, and let the festivities begin with these delicious and festive treats! Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!